Special Collections and University Archives librarians are available to collaborate with faculty to incorporate rare books, manuscripts and archives into the classroom. We can work with you to create instruction sessions or class assignments.
Instruction sessions are tailored to the needs of particular classes.
- Introduction to the experience of working with primary sources,
- Introduction to collection highlights related to a course topic,
- Introduction to finding aids, research guides, and online tools,
- Hands-on workshops with pre-selected materials during class sessions
- Space for instructors to lead class sessions focused on Special Collection materials
If you would like to arrange an for an instruction session, please Contact us. Special Collections requires at least two weeks' notice to arrange for instruction.
Special Collections and University Archives encourages faculty to create assignments using the Library's collections. A librarian can work with you to assist in designing assignments best suited to individual topics and goals.
We are also available to meet with instructors to answer questions about the collections, class assignments, or previous student projects. If you would like to meet with staff regarding your class assignment, please Contact us.
Please note: Currently, the Special Collectionsdoes not have a group study space; if students are working on a group assignment, they will need to conduct their Special Collections research individually.
If you have any questions please, Contact us.