Planning a Visit
Researchers who have located materials of interest to them should schedule an appointment to visit the Reading Room and access collections. For information on how to locate materials please visit Special Collections. Special Collections & University Archives are located on the fourth floor of the Green Library.
Reading Room policies
- The reading room is reserved for patrons using materials from our collections & archives.
- Materials are stored in cloase stacks and retrieved by staff upon request for use in the reading room only. Materials can not be checked out of the library.
- Access to the collection is restricted and items must be requested from the department staff. Some items are housed outside of the department and immediate retrieval may not be possible.
- Appointments are required for the use of media formats for audio, video and photographs housed in the Special Collections & University Archives. Materials may need to be reformatted before being accessed and this will be at the expense of the researcher. Please contact us to schedule an appointment.
- This is a quiet zone. Group meetings, loud conversation and the use of cell phones are prohibited.
- Food and drink in any form are prohibited.
- Patrons are requested to use pencils only for taking notes.
- Photocopying and scanning of some documents may be restricted, depending on the condition and fragility of the material.